Sunday, July 24, 2011

hoping for the best, but expecting the worst

I walked with Jamie to Buck's place, listening as she chatted on and on about Vince. I started to tune her out when Buck's place came into view. I saw a few people in the gang outside the door, smoking. As I got closer I realized it was Andrew, Dallas, Luke, Kyle, and some girl that was hanging all over him.
"Happy Birthday Bre," Kyle smiled, nodding in my direction. I nodded back, biting my lip. The others told me Happy Birthday, but I wasn't really paying attention. I was too busy giving the girl Kyle brought dirty looks. Jamie noticed and took me inside. I noticed everyone else in the gang was inside, drinking and having a good time. They all noticed me and yelled Happy Birthday.
I didn't really drink much, I was too distracted. I was in the middle of my first drink when someone's arm was thrown around my shoulders. I turned to see one Kyle Brumley.
"Happy Birthday Bre," He smiled at me, hugging me.
"You already said that." I laughed, blushing. Why was I blushing?
"I can't say it twice?" He asked, smiling wider.
"Nope," I joked, shaking my head.
"Too bad, I do what I want." He laughed.
"No, you do what I tell you to do." I joked again.
"Yeah right, bitch. More like the other way around." He smiled down at me, then he looked over to his left and excused himself.
I watched him walk away, looking for whoever he brought tonight. Suddenly Jamie was in front of me.
"Bre." She smiled.
"Jamie, what do you want?" I asked, feeling sad.
"I just saw you and Brums, what's going on there?" She asked, sitting next to me on a stool.
"Nothing, he doesn't like me like that." I shook my head.
"How do you know?"
"I don't, I'm assuming."
"Why don't you find out for sure?" Jamie smirked.
"What are you talking about?" I asked, a little scared.
"Kiss him." She winked.
"No, no, no. He'll hate me forever." I shook my head.
"I doubt it." Jamie smiled, "You've kissed before, haven't you?"
"Yeah...but it was different then." I shook my head. "You don't understand."
"Yes I do, you liiiiiiike him." Jamie scoffed, smiling.
"Shut up. Someone might hear you." I rolled my eyes. We talked for a little while, until everyone started playing a game that was a mix of truth or dare and spin the bottle. We sat in a circle, and it was in boy-girl-boy-girl order. So Kyle was on my right, while Luke sat on my left. Jamie was sitting across from me in the circle, an evil smile on her face.
Everytime Jamie spun the bottle I hoped it didn't land on me, because either way she could make me either confess my feelings, or kiss Kyle. I've never been a lucky person, like..ever. So I wasn't too surprised when Jamie spun and it landed on me.
"Truth or dare, Bre?" Jamie smirked. I thought about it, and chose dare. "I dare you...to kiss Kyle." I looked over at Kyle, who happened to be sitting next to me, and hoped he was drunk like everyone else so he wouldn't remember this.
I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as he moved closer to me. I looked into his eyes, and hated that we had to kiss like this, over a dare. I bit my lip and looked over at Jamie, who was smiling smugly. I quickly pressed my lips to Kyle's before pulling away and sitting the way I was, but Kyle was staring at me. Jamie rolled her eyes at me as I smiled.
I spun the bottle, watching as it landed on Johnny, who picked truth. The game continued on as if nothing had happened. I tried to act like it was no big deal as I looked over at Kyle, who had his attention elsewhere. I smiled, wishing I hadn't pulled away so quickly.

Bren xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Where's the Bre I know? The one who see's what she wants and does whatever it takes to get it. If Jamie had dared THAT Bre to kiss Kyle she would've basically fucked him right then and there xD
    I like her :)
    The Blairinator <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 blair's comment. forreals breh get a backbone and fuck that boy cuz honestly as much as i love bumblebee xD he'd do ANYBODY. so it might as well be you. :P

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.