Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Before You Go, Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More?

I grabbed a jug of apple juice out of the fridge, slammed the door shut, and then started chugging my juice. I put the lid back on the half-empty bottle and left it on the counter. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom, grabbing a bottle of pain-killers on the way. I read the label, not really letting the information soak in.
I twisted the lid and dropped 7 or 8 pills into my hand, I can't even remember now. It could've been more, it probably was. I swallowed them and then continued on with what I was doing, finishing the journey to my room. I took off my baggy sweats and my now ten-sizes-too-big t-shirt. The funny thing was, the shirt fit me just a month or two ago. Maybe it got stretched out.
I put on a new pair of jeans, that fit my now stick-like legs. I put on a tank-top and threw a sweatshirt on over top of it. I made my way back to the stairs, I started to get dizzy about half way down, so I stopped and tried to balance myself. The last thing I actually remember was falling down the stairs, and then it was all black for a long time.

When I woke up I was in a dark room, and I was hooked up to something. I noticed I was in one of those ugly hospital gowns. You know the ones that aren't connected in the back, except for a few strings, so the whole world can see your 'lovely' ass. I heard people talking outside of my door, and then heard the knob turn, so I pretended to be asleep again.
"...She's dying." I heard a man say, I assumed he was the doctor.
"Can't you save her?" Someone asked. I couldn't recognize the voice. I didn't really care. I had pushed everyone in my life away, I didn't have anyone anymore. So who could care if I was on my deathbed? Who would be that fucking stupid?
"I'm sorry, I don't think we can. She's been living on pills and apple juice for the past few months. She's run her body down. The pills have been eating at her stomach, she's going to die." The doctor stated. I could hear it in his voice, I was close to death. On the verge. I probably wouldn't make it a few more days.
"You have to save her!" The person yelled, and then I heard something crash. Then it was quiet. No one was in the room anymore when I opened my eyes. I was all alone. I had gotten used to it, over the past few months. Being alone, that is. No one really came around that much anymore, I don't blame them though. I laid in bed, thinking.
I was going to die, and from the way the doctor said it I knew I was going to die soon. I didn't cry, or get scared. I just laid there. I knew somewhere inside of me, I was terrified, because I was shaking. But then again, I could've just been cold. I was hoping for the first one, I didn't want to die. I think that in my mind, I was holding on to that it's-too-crazy-and-insane-to-be-true-so-I-must-have-dreamt-it-thing.
I looked down at my IV, and took it out. I was dying anyways, it didn't really matter. Like the doctor said, they can't do anything to save me.

Breanna.

6 comments:

  1. Breanna Lynn Parker! Smarten the fuck up child! I have half a mind to go to that hospital and smack you! Do you not understand that I, Blair Matthews-Winston will never, EVER allow you to die?!? I love you to much, and besides if you die I'd have to buy a black dress, which I do not want to do :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair we can accessorize the black dress :o
    And Bre wont die. She's survived too much. Like a cockroach. You cant die. I will shove food down your throat if i have to. well you might suffocate......or choke.......can you choke in a coma?.....natural reflexes right? ANYWAYS YOU ARE NOT DYING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say bre. I wish I could've helped you. I knew you were sick. I hate myself for not working hard enough to help you. You not gonna die though. I will do everything in my power and become God or something and make you live :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. SORRY, SISTER, YOU AIN'T DYING YET!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So apparently blogger didn't want my comment to show up a few days ago D:
    I'm sorry Bre :( I wish I could've helped you. But tell you what, we will save you from death and then make your life bombin and shit :s

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.