Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Hate This Town, It's So Washed Up And All My Friends Don't Give A Fuck

5 days. It had been 5 days since I had been in the hospital. I was bored out of my mind, no one came to visit, and the nurses gave me dirty looks. One of them even lectured me on not eating, and how it got me into this mess. It went a lot like this:
"I bet you wish you would've eaten now, don't you? Here you lay, dying. While all of your friends are out enjoying their lives, and not caring about you." She scoffed.
"My friends care." I whispered, I didn't have a lot of energy to talk.
"Oh really? Don't you think that if they cared they would be here, visiting you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She was an older woman. She was obviously bitter.
"Well..." I trailed off. She had me there. If my "friends" did care, they'd be here. But I knew I didn't have any friends anymore. After all the shit I'd done to them, they all hated me now, like they should. I didn't blame them. She put a food tray and a drink down on the little table by my bed and then walked out of the room. I took the top off of my food tray and examined it, grilled cheese and french fries.
I didn't touch it, I simply put the lid back on and got out of bed. I slowly made my way to the bathroom, grabbing my clothes from a shelf. I didn't have a lot of energy, so it took me a little while, but I made it out of the hospital without anyone noticing. They should really do their jobs better, those nurses.
I got a cab, told him my address, and then watched the familiar streets of Tulsa go by as we made our way to my apartment. I paid the cabbie and got out of the cab, I heard him drive away as I made my way up to my door. I saw Pierce and some girl kissing outside of his apartment. I rolled my eyes and opened my door. The first thing I noticed was the mess. The second thing I noticed were all of the empty pill bottles on the counter. Oh god, did I really take that many pills? I ran up to my room, and got out my suitcase. I stuffed all of my clothes in it, got all the shit I needed, put Theo in his cage and then took him and everything else to my car.
I got in the drivers seat and backed out of my parking space. I sped all the way out of Oklahoma. I was leaving it and all of it's depressing shit behind, and going to see Jamie at Yale.

It took forty fucking years, but I finally made it to Yale. I parked my car, and then made my way to the admissions office. Some old man was sitting at the desk, looking bored.
"How may I help you?" He asked, not looking up from a stack of papers.
"I'm looking for Alexandra Mathews." I smiled, leaning over the counter thing.
"Ma'am, we don't do that here. We only enroll students." The man looked up.
"Come on dude, I know you know where her dorm is!" I whined, running a hand through my hair. He sighed and gave me her dorm number. I thanked him and then left to go to her dorm.
I found the building she was in, went inside, figured out how the fucking number system works, and then made my way to her room. I ran up to her door and knocked as loud as I could, which was pretty loud.
Some blonde chick opened the door, "Hello?" She asked.
"Is Jamie here?" I asked, fixing my satchel. She turned around and yelled for Jamie. I bounced on my feet until Jamie came into my sight.
I immediately threw my arms around her. "ALEXANDER! I MISSED YOU!" I yelled in her ear. She pushed me away and complained about how much her ear hurt.
"Ow Bre, that really hurt." She whined. I rolled my eyes and smiled.
"You'll get over it, bro." I smiled, following her into her dorm.
"So, what exactly are you doing here, Bren?" Jamie asked, sitting on what I guessed was her bed.
"Well, Tulsa sucks dick. So I came to see you. I snuck out of the hospital, so you should feel loved." I smiled.
"What!? Why were you in the hospital?!" Jamie yelled.
"Oh you know, the norm. Not eating. Apparently I'm dying, I probably shouldn't be here." I laughed, sitting down next to her. "But here I ammmmm."
"You're retarded." Jamie sighed, smiling at me. I stuck my tongue out at her. "OH! by the way, this is Emma, and...here comes Shelby." Jamie said, introducing me to her roommates. "Shayla's around here somewhere..." Jamie trailed off. Then a ginger walked into the room, and Jamie smiled. "There she is!"
We sat around and talked for a while, until Jamie brought up my stuff. So we went down to the parking lot and got my things. "Jesus Bre, how much did you bring?!" Jamie asked, grabbing a suitcase.
"Uhhh, everything?" I smiled, grabbing two bags and handing one to Shayla. Shelby and Emma each took one and then I got Theo. We walked back to the dorm, and discussed living arrangements.
"I guess you'll have to share with me, Bre." Jamie sighed, sitting my bag down in the room.
"Suh-weet!" I smiled, hugging her. "Did I ever tell you you're the best friend ever?" I smiled. She rolled her eyes and laughed. I think it'll be nice living here for a while, maybe I won't die.

Love, Bren.

4 comments:

  1. I was on my way to visit, but I saw a margarita stand outside the Dingo and they were sellin em for like fifty cents, so I bought a bunch and somehow ended up half naked by a river o.O true story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's something shocking, Two-Bit. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bre when you get back, I am going to visit tu :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. tibbs how is that even relevant? o.O

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.