Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's So Good About Picking Up The Pieces? What If I Don't Even Want To..

"Fine! It's over! I hope you're fucking happy!" I screamed as Andrew walked away from me and to his car. I took off my ring and threw it across the room. It hit the window, bounced off, and landed somewhere in the corner. I didn't care about the damn thing anymore. I didn't care about anything that had to do with Andrew anymore.
I stormed up the stairs, and into the room we used to share. I noticed how empty the room was now, with all of his stuff gone. I bit my lip to hold back tears, but it didn't help. I broke down in the middle of the floor. Just days ago everything was perfect, but I didn't expect it to stay that way forever. But I would've liked it to have stayed that way for just a while longer.
After my crying fit I called Cristy and asked if she could come over, her words were slurred but at the moment I could care less. When she got to my house it was obvious that she was wasted. The half-empty bottle of Bacardi in her hand wouldn't help her much, but I didn't say anything.
"What's up Bre?" She slurred, sitting down and taking a swig.
"Andrew and I broke up." I tried to act chill but my voice cracked and I felt the tears in my eyes.
"I'm sorry Bre, what happened?" She asked, trying to grab my hand but missing it and letting hers fall back to her side.
Then I proceeded to tell her what happened. Andrew had snapped at me, saying he was tired of having to "prove" that he loved me even though I "cheat" and he's still around after everything I do to him. And when I told him sorry all he did was yell some more. "And so I told him we should just break up, he seemed so happy when I ended it. Maybe he never really loved me...maybe no one ever really loved me...and I'm stuck going through the same situation over and over again, never having a happy ending." I whispered, letting a few silent tears roll down my face. Then I thought of something. I hadn't done it in a while, and now I had this odd craving to feel a cool blade against my skin again. I looked over at Cris and noticed she was asleep on the couch now. I smiled, getting up and walking to the kitchen.
I went to the top drawer on the left side of the sink. I opened it and looked at all the different knives inside. I pulled one out and smiled at it. "You're a pretty one, aren't you?" I whispered, turning the blade in my hand, making it shine in the light. I felt like I was separated from myself, watching someone else take over my body and mind. Someone scary.
I went into the bathroom and sat on the counter. I pulled my sleeve up and looked at my arm, showing scars from old cuts. I brought the blade up, pressed it against my forearm, and drug it across, applying pressure the whole time. I pulled the blade away and smiled when fresh red blood rolled down my arm. I did a few more cuts on my arm, and then washed the blood off. I pulled my sleeve down and walked back into the kitchen, putting the knife in the sink. I woke Cris up and told her she could stay in the spare bedroom tonight. Then I got into bed....alone. I cried myself to sleep.

Love, Brenan.

4 comments:

  1. Bre Bre ://
    I Am So Sorry D:
    You Just Gotta Always Know Two Things.
    1.) "If One Leaves You,And Comes Back,You Had Them. If They Leave And never Come Back,You Never Did." Don't Worry Hunnz
    2.) When Someone Leaves, You Obviously Know You Can Do Better.
    If You need Anything, I Am Heres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bre :( We all love you, and are always here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bre, don't do that, I know it may feel good at first but it doesn't after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psht Andrew sucks balls :s you have me. ;)

    Sorry I couldn't think of anything else to say..

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.