Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Perspective

I looked through the cemetary. I hadn't been here since I was a kid. "Where are you Mom?" I whispered to myself, looking at all of the gravestones. Then I found hers, only some high-class looking man was standing there. I walked up to him and stood beside him.
"Who are you?" I asked, not looking at him.
"My name is Phillip Reynolds, I was in love with her, Rebecca, I mean." He replied, "What about you? Aren't you a bit young to know her?"
"She was my mother. My name is Breanna and I'm 18." I looked up at the man, I knew he was my father, I mean my real father. I could see similarites between us. "My father...he left, or maybe my mom left him...I don't know, but he wasn't there. We lived with Mr. Parker, he killed her, and abused me. His son and I took him to court, only the judge said..."
"That your last name is Reynolds, and not Parker?" He finished for me. I nodded. He walked me over to a bench not too far away. "Sit, and I'll explain everything." I sat down and he sat next to me. "We were going to get married, she was pregnant with you, we were both happy...more than happy, more like ecstatic. We both wanted to be married, and to have a child. But something changed...your mother left, I never loved anyone else."
"She never dated anyone, so I think she loved you too." I smiled. "She always said I reminded her of my father, of you."
"If I would have known that she had you, I would have been there. I wish I could have been there for you, instead of that god-awful Parker. He was always violent, I never liked him. He was such a low-life, I don't know how your mother put up with him. I never had problems with her other friends, the Brumley's, the Curtis's, the Randle's. In fact, I actually liked them. Of course it was wrong, or that's what my friends told me, they told me I should leave her. It wasn't acceptable for me to like a greaser. But I didn't care, I loved her, I still love her." He admitted, crossing his hands in his lap. I reached over and put my hand on his. He looked up at me and I just smiled.
"She loves you, too. And don't blame yourself for anything Mr. Parker did, it wasn't your fault. I took care of him anyways," I laughed a little, "But, if I could, I'd like to see you again, after all you are my father."
"You can come see me anytime, my door will always be open for you." He smiled. We exchanged numbers and hugs. I nervously played with my ring as we walked back to our cars. "What's that?" He asked, taking my hand and looking at my wedding ring. "You're married? You're only 18, you're too young! Who is the boy? Does he have a job?"
"Dad, chill." I laughed but stopped quickly, should I not have said Dad? He just smiled at the name, so I continued. "His name is Andrew, Andrew Brumley. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me, I love him. Yes, he has a job." I laced my hands together.
"I want to meet him." My dad looked serious.
"Really? Why?" I asked.
"I want to make sure he's good for you." He replied, standing behind me as I got in my car.
"Fine, you can meet him this weekend, I'll make dinner and you can come over. How does that sound?" I asked, looking up at him from inside the car.
"Sounds like a plan, I'll call you." He smiled, before walking to his car and leaving.
I drove home to find Andrew asleep on the couch. I walked over to him and took his hand, lacing my fingers through his. I sat down on the edge of the couch and pushed his stomach.
"Wake uuuuuup." I whispered in his ear. "Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuup." He didn't wake up. Faggot. "Wake the fuck up!" I yelled in his ear. He woke up, and he looked pissed off. "You look so cute when you sleep." I smiled. He just gave me a look and made room for me on the couch.
"Why'd you wake me up?" He asked, wrapping an arm around me.
"Well, if you must know. I met my father today. My real father. He's really nice, but he's like uber rich and Soc-ish. He wants to meet you this weekend..." I trailed off, looking at him with my puppy dog eyes. They won him over every time.
"Fine, I'll meet him." He sighed. "Do I have to dress up?" He asked. I nodded and he groaned. "Just be glad I love you, or I wouldn't be doing any of this." I smiled and kissed him.
"Thanks!"

Love, Brenan. <3

2 comments:

  1. That was odd and lovely xD I smiled the entire time so yeah :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oh Bre. :P and yay, you know your dad! :D

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.