Monday, August 23, 2010

I ran...as fast and far as I could. But it seemed like I couldn't escape. He was always two steps behind me, ready to strike. Even when I pushed myself to run faster it was as though I kept slowing down, and he kept speeding up. It was getting hard to breathe, and my legs were about to give. I knew if I fell, he'd attack me, he'd kill me if he got the chance.
I kept seeing peoples faces in the back of my mind, first Mark, then Andrew, Cristy, Bazz, Stella, Sophie, Luke, Carson, Dawn, Brooks, Johnny, Kyle, Evie, Austin, Dallas, Blair, Blaze...and everyone else. [there are way too many to list] I couldn't stop trying to outrun him, I couldn't, I wouldn't let myself do it. The next thing I know, he has me on the ground, a knife to my neck, his hands wandering. I swallowed hard and looked into his cold eyes.
"This is the end." He smiled. How could he enjoy this..? Killing his own daughter! After he killed his wife! The man was sick, and needed to be sent off. "Little Bre, always a mess. You never were perfect, your mother hated you, I hated you, Mark hates you. I'm surprised the Brumley kid likes you." He snorted, laughing at his cruelty. I shook my head, letting tears fall down my cheeks.
"That isnt true, and you know it." I cried, refusing to believe it, even though in the back of my mind I knew he was right. "Your mother always wanted to send you to an orphanage, and try again for a new daughter. A prettier, better, smarter, more respectful daughter. She tried to make you better, give you a fair chance, but you blew it." He spat. "You were always worthless. And you still are, everyone will be happy when you're gone..." he trailed off and I felt the knife slid into my throat, slowly killing me.

I shot up in my bed, clutching the sheets around me. I had been sweating and the sheets were sticking to my thighs. I looked around the room, my eyes were wide. I looked to my left and saw Andrew, sitting up next to me. I mentally thanked Mark for letting Andrew stay with me for a few days. "Bre...babe, are you okay?" He asked, pulling me over to him. I nodded and hid my face in his chest. "I'm just...scared, thats all." I answered. "Of what?" He asked, pulling my face out to look at me. "Of my dad." I whispered, letting a tear roll down my cheek. "Bre...I wont let him touch you. No one's going to be able to hurt you as long as I'm with you. Understand?" Andrew said, forcing me to look at him. I nodded and hugged him again. "Go back to sleep Bre, I'll be here when you wake up."

9 comments:

  1. :o.. Omg .. Some dad he iss!! im just glad that was a dream.. well more like a nightmare... Has he ever touched you??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, that intense. If you need some help kickin his ass, count me in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Night Terror. Caused by post traumatic expirences or extreme terror towards the object of fear. And I don't know how I know this but I do. Oh well.

    Breanna, honey, nothing will ever happen to you. You're not worthless, just too awesome. Love you forever Honey Bree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...i completly agree with my brother bree...i luv u and always will ur like a sister to me ur dad will never touch u as long as im alive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean what I said. He will never harm you, and I'm always here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. im starting to think kitty lives by doctor phil's advice.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breanna, I'll always love you. your my little sister. Andrew and I will protect you from Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. agen. i would help but im to small and useless to fight anybody! :/ but if you evr need to talk or need anything else im here for ya bre(: love ya

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.