Saturday, August 14, 2010

Last night I couldnt sleep, and I had bugged Mark almost every night this week since I moved in so I just decided to go out. I threw on some shoes with my sweatpants and t-shirt and walked out the front door. I walked down the road in silence, I was alone. It wasnt awkward, it was comfortable...it was the silence I had needed. I was never alone anymore. Either Andrew or Mark were with me, asking me if I was okay, how I was holding up, if I needed anything...ect. At some points I just wanted to snap, and yell at them to leave me alone. I needed something..I needed to be alone. To think, to sort things out. I was never going to get over what happened with everyone asking me questions...I'd never forget it and move on if they kept reminding me.
I found myself in front of our old house, the one mom died in. There was a TV on inside, and I knew my dad lived there, alone, now. I wasnt going to stand there forever and make myself seen. But I needed to face him, to get even. I needed to prove that he couldnt mess with me anymore. After a while I started pacing outside the window. Soon I heard the front door open and looked up to see my dad. "Well, if it isnt Miss Breanna." he smirked. I scoffed, discusted. He looked shocked that I would give him any attitude at all. "Look, Mike, we need to talk." I smirked back. "Dont get an attitude with me, and I'm dad to you." He snapped. "You are NOT my father! See, I always had this idea in my mind that my father was supposed to be NICE! He was supposed to protect me, and keep me safe! He was supposed to threaten my boyfriend on the first date, then ask him if he knocked me up when he brought me home! I thought he was supposed to be caring, and loyal, and trustworthy! I didnt know Mark was my dad!" I yelled. Mike tried to interupt me but I stopped him. "Fathers arent supposed to kill mothers, or do drugs and drink. They arent supposed to beat their kids, and rape their daughters." I was starting to cry at this point. "You sicken me. You lowlife piece of trash!" I spit at him. This didnt settle to well with him, because the next thing I know, he's got me pinned to the ground. His fist raised above my face, ready to hit me at any point. I looked up into his eyes, tears blurring my vision a bit. "Go ahead. Hit me." I whispered. "Beat the shit out of me. Nothing ever stopped you before." Then he shrugged and brought his fist up again, right as he was bringing it closer to my face I started screaming as loud as I could. He tried to shut me up, but I bit his hand, screaming even louder. He got off of me and let me up. I stood up, ready to run if I needed to. Andrews house wasnt that far away. "You done screamin?" Mike asked. I shrugged and he cursed. I took one look at him and knew he wasnt going to come after me, he didnt want to me to scream and cause a commotion.
I walked away and towards Andrews house, I walked up the front steps and knocked on the door. His mom opened the door. "Oh, hello Breanna." she smiled, a little shocked to see me at this time. "Hey Mrs. B. Sorry to just show up..." she cut me off. "Its no problem, you're welcome anytime dear. We love having you here. The boys love you, Andrew loves you, I love you. You can come whenever you need to." she smiled happily. I loved Andrews mom, she was always so...chipper. I considered her a mom, I had known her since I was 8. "Thank you so much Mrs. B." I smiled and hugged her. "Bre, call me mom if you want." she smiled. Thats when I started crying, she led me over to the couch and we sat there for a while, with me crying and her comforting me. Andrew walked in, with Kyle and Caleb and came over to me. "Bre, are you okay? Whats wrong?" he asked, taking me from his mom. "I'm fine." I smiled through my tears. "I'm finally for once..happy with my life. I have an amazing brother, the best boyfriend in the world..and a mom." I smiled looking over at Mrs. Brumley. Andrew smiled and kissed my cheek. "Come on, you look tired." Andrew sighed picking me up and carrying me to his room. I smiled widely as he set me on his bed. "I talked to him, before I came over here." I admitted while Andrew was facing away from me, getting some clothes for me out of his drawer. "who?" he asked, distracted. "My dad." I replied. He turned around and looked at me, wide eyed. "He didnt hurt you did he?!" "No, no..he tried..but I took care of it." I laughed, taking some clothes from Andrew and changing into them. "Bre, promise me something?" Andrew asked quietly, sitting on the bed. "Anything." I nodded, going to sit by him. "Dont go looking for your dad. He's nothing but trouble and you need to wait until someone deals with him first. I dont want you to get hurt." He looked me in the eyes. "I promise." I agreed, hugging him. "Good, I love you Bre." he smiled, kissing me. "Yeah, yeah. I know you do." I laughed. He raised an eyebrow at me as I started to lay down. "Oh fine, I love you too Andrew." I giggled before laying down and falling asleep. Finally, for once, I was happy with my life and what I have. So what if I'm a greaser, it beats being a Soc. So what if I dont have a real mom, I still have a great 'mom' who cares about me. And so what if my brother is like my dad, I can go to him about anything and everything and know he'll always be there for me. I'm proud to be a greaser for once. And I never want to change that :)

6 comments:

  1. Next time you leave the house without telling me, leave a note or something. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so happy for you bre and i love how you ended this post i actually started to tear up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear to god I read it Snuggs! Cristy yelled at me on a train :(

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.