Monday, December 13, 2010

I Think I'll Go To Boston...

I got into my car, and drove, and drove. I blasted the radio, sticking my hand out the window and moving it along with the wind. One had on the wheel. Care free.
A song by Augustana came on, it was called Boston. I sang along to the familiar song and it gave me and idea of where to go. I turned my car around and made my way to the east coast. To Boston.
I had to stop at a gas station about half-way there. I got out of the car, and went into the store, I planned on getting some Monster and some Watermelon Sour Patch Kids.
"What's a nice girl like you doing alone on the road?" A guy asked, I turned around. He looked about 20 or 22, maybe somewhere in-between. He was okay lookin', he reminded me of the Brumley's. He had the long hair, only his eyes were bright blue. They were hypnotizing.
"You don't know me, you don't care." I narrowed my eyes, walking around him and to the candy. I got some Sour Patch Kids and headed to the counter. The boy stopped me.
"I'm not going to hurt you, okay? You looked lonely, I thought you might have wanted someone to talk to." He shrugged.
"I'm going to Boston, where no one knows my name. Just for something to do." I smiled.
"I'm going to leave this place the first chance I get." The boy smiled. He seemed as if he was reassuring himself, instead of saying to me.
"You wanna come with me?" I asked. I kind of wanted to take it back, seeing as I didn't know the kid. But he seemed okay.
"Really?" He asked. The look on his face broke my heart. He looked as if this was the first time someone had ever even remotely cared about him.
"Yeah, I need some company, and you seem nice." I smiled, putting my stuff on the counter. I paid and then walked out to the car. The guy stayed on the sidewalk in front of the store, just staring at me. "Are you going to get in the car, or not?" I laughed. He smiled and got in the passenger seat.
"Thanks." He smiled once we were a little ways down the road.
"No problem," I smiled. "So what's your name?"
"Alec Mayfield." He answered, "And yours?"
"Breanna Parker. Call me Bre," I smiled back.
"Okay then, Bre. How about in an hour or so, I drive?" He asked.
"Deal." I laughed, turning up the volume on the radio. We spent most of the way to Boston singing along to songs, and talking about our families. Turns out Alec is a lot like me. He lives with his older brother, his mom and dad are gone. He'd be a greaser if he lived in Oklahoma. I finally met someone who understands me.
"Bre," Alec whispered, shaking me awake. "We're here."
I sat up in the passenger seat, opening my eyes. The view was beautiful, and so obviously not Boston.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"I know it's not Boston...but I thought we could crash here for a few days, and then go to Boston. Not a lot of people know about his place. But I wanted to share it, with you." He smiled, getting out of the car.
I got out too, taking the area in. There was a lake, with lights strung out all around it. Pretty lights, too. A small town could be seen not too far off. I smelt food cooking, and I made my way over to the buildings. Alec followed.
It looked like the town was having a cook-out, or whatever.
"Alec dear, how nice of you to join us." An elder woman smiled.
"I brought someone, a friend." He smiled, pulling me over to him.
"Who's this Al?" I asked.
"This is my grandma," He laughed. Weird-ass, I thought, but it's sweet. "I know it's gay to bring you here, but I wanted to stay here for a few days, ya know? Rest up. Then we can get back on the road." He blushed.
"Yo, yo, yo. It's okay, I think it's a good idea, as long as there's food." I smiled.
"Oh yes, there's food!" Alec's grandma smiled, pulling me over to a table full of all kinds of good home-made food.
"It looks delicious." I smiled, taking a plate and filling it up.
"It is, trust me." Alec smiled.
"I do trust you." I replied, looking down at the food, thinking about how gay that must've sounded.
"Come on Bre, let's eat." Alec smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. Then. We. Ate.

Booooom. Yeah, I left. Don't know when I'll be back. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I've made some good friends, and they're going to help me. I love you all. I'll post about Boston some more later, but now I must go, ta-ta.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOSTON IS AMAZING! Just you really need a map...not kidding..it's confusing, haha. And I lovelovelove that song! ♥
    If you go to a Boston Bruins game you better tell Rob Merchand that his wife is coming for him...♥

    p.s. my toe is asleep and i don't know how it happened..

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.