Sunday, October 24, 2010

And you'll never know, that I am lying through my teeth

Yesterday was a very important day for my brother and uhm...the thing he got married to. :) Any who, since I'm his sister and all, I had to make a speech at his wedding. Now, we all know I'm not smart enough to write an entire speech, so I had Kitty right it for me. :D

After the wedding, at the beginning of the after party shit, everyone had to give their speech. And I walked up to the little stand thingy with the piece of paper Kit had given me this morning, ready to make a speech that was a complete lie.
"People get married because they fall in love. But what is love? Love is highly misunderstood although deeply desirable. A malfunction of the heart that weakens the brain. When you're in love, you realize you have this ability to love someone more than you love yourself. Giving your heart to someone, now that's the scary part" I started nervously, staring at the paper in my hands. I looked up at the gang, sitting in tables across the room. My eyes landed on Jay, and I smiled, starting again. "Love is when someone cares for you. When someone waits. When someone dreams about you. When you're all they think about. When they have looked for you their whole life and they have finally found you. Love is when someone loves you. Simple as that. Mark and Stella. What these two people sitting in front of me share, is not perfect. But nothing ever is. We shouldn't wait around for perfection because it doesn't exist. Making it right is what makes it so special. Feelings, like people, are perfect the way they are. Like some would say, Mark and Stella are perfectly imperfect." At this point I was holding back puke, wondering how Kitty could write something like this. But I kept reading, just so I could end this and sit back down in my seat. "Seeing my brother here on this special day makes me believe that there is still a tiny crazy thing he claims as love. He's taught me the most important lesson in my life, and that is to take a risk. He did and he fell in love. I can only turn to look at him and say: You were right, bro. I am nothing but grateful to him, because despite the stormy days, he's always managed to lift my feet up from the ground. Thank you, brother. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous but there is so much more to it. I am thankful. Thankful that he found someone who loves him as much as I do and who will take care of him like I do. And I just hope that with time, I will find someone who is as worthy of me, as Stella is of my dear brother, Mark Parker. Congratulations." I ended, getting out from behind the stand thingy.

"That was so sweet Bre, thank you so much. I'm glad to be apart of your family now." Stella smiled, moving to hug me, but I backed up and looked over at Mark.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and went back to my seat. The next person went up to make their speech as I sat in my seat, hating this day more and more. I kept wishing I could drink, but I wasn't going to. "Hey Jay?" I asked, turning to Jay.

"Yeah?" He asked, sitting up.

"I'm really tired, do you wanna just head home?" I asked. Jay nodded and we left in the middle of Darry's speech.

But I wanna thank Kitty for making me want to commit suicide with that speech, love you Kitters ;)

5 comments:

  1. I could tell you didn't write it because you'd never use so many big words XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( not nice. also, i would never say anything nice about stella XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a beautiful speech kudos to kitty for that and kudos to you for not puking on anyone :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Kitty has saved the day once more. Good job. It was nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.