Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh Darlin' Don't You Ever Grow Up

Tonight I decided to watch Blaze, to let Blair and Dallas have a night to themselves to do...whatever they do. I headed over to Blair's house at about 6:00, but stopped at Jay's work on the way. I walked into the music shop and found Jay behind the counter.
"Hey Jay, I won't be home till late, I'm watching Blaze." I smiled, looking around the store. I saw Taylor Swift's new CD and picked it up. I threw it on the counter and Jay looked up.
"Oh, hey Bre." I laughed, taking the CD and ringing it up. He threw it in a bag, and handed it to me as I gave him the money for it. "Do you want this old acoustic? They were gonna throw it away and..."
"Yes!" I smiled, taking it out of his hand and hugging it.
"Okay then," He laughed, kissing my cheek. "See ya later babe," Then he looked at my middle. "See you later baby." He waved at it and I laughed, walking out of the store. I opened my CD and listened to it on the way to Blair's house, (I don't know if they live at Dal's or Blair's or what XD) I heard a really sweet song and kept replaying it, memorizing the lyrics.
Once I got to wherever Blaze and his parents were located, I grabbed the acoustic, my phone, my purse, and my ipod before walking into the house.
"Hey Bre!" Blair cheered, walking into the room, carrying Blaze.
"Hey Blair, hey Blaze!" I smiled. Blair mumbled something about how Dallas spent too much time getting ready and walked back into her room, coming out a few minutes later with the fatass himself.
"Thank you so much for doing this Bre, I mean it." Blair smiled, walking to the door with Dallas.
"Hey, no problem, I'm going to need to get used to kids anyways, this is like practice for me." I laughed waving goodbye to them as they walked out the door.
I sat down on the floor in front of Blaze. My legs were crossed and my elbows were on my knees, my head resting in my hands. Blaze sat up straight across from me, staring right back at me. This went on for a long time, before he started giggling. His spontaneous laughter made me smile, and then I tickled him, making him laugh even more.
"Are you hungry Blaze?" I asked, catching my breath. He nodded and I picked him up, carrying him into the kitchen. I found something for him to eat and you know...prepared it. I had it on a plate, but before I got it over to him, I tripped on something and the food went all over the table, getting on my face and all over Blaze. He started doing that cute little laugh again and I smiled, making him more food and being more careful this time.
After he ate, he needed to have a bath. I took him into the bathroom and turned on the water in the tub, making sure it wasn't too hot for him. I gave him a bath and he giggled and played with the bubbles. I smiled and picked him out a cute little outfit to sleep in. As soon as he got out of the tub and he was all dried off, he was yawning.
I smiled and took him into his room, laying him in his crib. I picked up the acoustic, remembering how the song I heard earlier went. I started playing, smiling at Blaze.
"Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
and it's so quiet in the world tonight
your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny
you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
if you could stay like that

Oh darlin' don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up
just stay this little
Oh darlin' don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up
it could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
won't let nobody break your heart
and no one will desert you
just try to never grow up
never grow up

You're in the car on the way to the movies
and you're mortified your mom's dropping you off
at 14, there's just so much you can't do
and you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots
but don't make her drop you off around the block
remember, she's getting older too
and don't lose that way you dance around in your pj's getting ready for school

Oh darlin' don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up
just stay this little
Oh darlin' don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up
it could stay this simple

No one's ever burned you
nothing's ever left you scarred
and even though you want to...
please try to never grow up

Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
memorize what it sounds like when your dad gets home
remember the footsteps, remember the words said
and all your little brothers favorite songs
I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone...

So here I am, in my new apartment
in a big city, they just dropped me off
it's so much colder than I thought it would be
so I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown
Oh I don't wanna grow up
I wish I'd never grown up
I could still be little
Oh, I dont wanna grow up
wish I'd never grown up
it could still be simple

Oh darlin' don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up
just stay this little
oh darlin' don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up
it could stay this simple

Won't let nobody hurt you
won't let nobody break your heart
and even though you want to
please try to never grow up
oh, don't you ever grow up
oh, never grow up
just never grow up."
I played the last chord and Blaze was fast asleep, I smiled to myself and kissed his forehead. I turned around to go wait in the living room for Blair and Dal, but they were standing in the doorway.
"That was beautiful Bre." Blair smiled, walking over to me and Blaze, she looked down at him and smiled.
"Thanks for letting me watch him, he's a really good kid. You and Dal are obviously doing something right." I laughed, lightly punching Dal on the arm as I walked out of the room.
I think I'm ready for my baby now, thank you Blair, :) I hope I can be as good of a mother as you. You really are a great mom, Blaze is a lucky kid.

4 comments:

Come at me bro.