Sunday, October 31, 2010

We're Just Trying To Find Some Color, In This Black&White World

"I hate it here." I groaned, slamming my head against the bar. "Hate's a strong word, missy." The bartender replied, giving someone a beer. I gave him one of those shut-the-fuck-up-I-wasn't-talking-to-you-looks and hopped off my stool, leaving the bar. "I hate you." I mumbled, walking out of the front door. I saw a bunch of little kids in their Halloween costumes running around. I smiled and started my walk home. I saw Cale and Dawn, along with Kyle and Brooklyn, Andrew was with them. Cale and Kyle kept calling me over but I ignored them, continuing my journey home.
Jay's car wasn't there when I finally walked up the driveway. I shook my head and walked into the house. I had one missed call from Cristy and one from Jay. I called Jay back and he said he had to work late. As soon as I hung up the phone I threw it against the wall, sinking to the ground.
"Yeah, 'work'." I scoffed, starting to cry. Then my phone started to ring, and I reached for it, pressing the little green button. "Hello?" I asked , trying to sound like I hadn't been crying two minutes earlier. "McChicken, what's wrong? You sound sad." Cristy's voice asked. "Nothing's wrong, I think I have a cold." I lied, "Why are you calling?" "Well, I was wondering, do you wanna come up for a week?" Cristy asked. I didn't even have to think about it. "YES!" I answered. "I just need to get packed and I'll leave as soon as possible." Then I hung up the phone and started getting my things together. I pulled my suitcase out to my car, grabbing all of my cd's. Once everything was packed into my car I left Jay a note, and then set out for wherever Cristianne is located.

I got to wherever Cristy was in the next 7 hours. She was waiting for me outside of a hotel, with a big smile on her face and her preggo belly looking extra fabulous. "MCMUFFIN!" I yelled, running up to her. "Hey McChicken." She laughed. I gave her an awkward hug and then parked my car. I got my things and we went up to her room. "Cris, we may have a problem." I said out of nowhere. "And that would be...?" She asked. "I think I'm a bit burnt out on goldfish." I replied. Her eyes got wide and she looked like she had just seen a ghostie. "JUST KIDDING." I smiled. "Good!" Cristy smiled, putting a hand over her heart. "You scared me to death kiddo."
"I missed you PIC." I smiled, giving her another awkward hug. :)

5 comments:

  1. :) have fun be safe blah blah blah :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun! don't hurt anyone or do anything i wouldn't do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bartenders think they're all that and a bag of chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah dont do anything angela wouldnt do XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. bartenders are like therapists only cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

Come at me bro.